Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Review: The Perfect Son

The Perfect Son The Perfect Son by Freida McFadden
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

What I liked: Good amount of tension build up. It definitely had be standing still a few times wondering what would happen next. I listened to the audiobook for free on Libby. The Voice actress does a pretty good job, worth a listen.  I liked the mom.  She did her best.  It's a good illustration of how you can live with a monster and not know.  People always say they had no idea.  Honestly, the father's oblviousness to his son's history was pissing me off.  He locked a girl in a closet and duck taped to to the floor...boys will be boys... in JAIL!

What I loved: The story pretty much follows the mystery troupe of ...if it's obviously blah, then it's obviously not blah. So it was fun trying to figure who it was. And getting to the end and being nearly right was great.

What I didn't like: 
I have questions.

So Liam is just going to get away with unzipping a cat huh, after he's saved two lives.  Cool.

And Hanna just managed to follow her father across town...on her bicycle to the cabin in the woods?  Ok.

I wasn't sure how to feel.  One the one hand I almost relieved that the Sociopath hadn't done it.  I was like, yay, a story with a non-villous sociopath.  One who ramins cool under preasure and doesn't become a serial killer....then the ending hit.  And I was like....oh well!

So, did they burn down that cabin with the trap door?

Hell there was a moment when I thought grandma was the killer!  Sheesh.  

Idk about this one guys.  It's a fun short read.  Not every book as to be perfect.  It was engaging and held my interest for a while. 


If you liked this book you might also enjoy

Girl on the Train

Gone Girl


And

The Good Detective

No comments:

Post a Comment